36 pin CENTRONICS female connector at the printer.
|1||Data Strobe (low)||STROBE||Computer|
|2||Data Bit 1 (LSB)||D1||Computer|
|3||Data Bit 2||D2||Computer|
|4||Data Bit 3||D3||Computer|
|5||Data Bit 4||D4||Computer|
|6||Data Bit 5||D5||Computer|
|7||Data Bit 6||D6||Computer|
|8||Data Bit 7||D7||Computer|
|9||Data Bit 8 (LSB)||D8||Computer|
|12||Paper End (high)||PE||Printer|
|19||Return Data Strobe||-|
|20||Return Data Bit 1||-|
|21||Return Data Bit 2||-|
|22||Return Data Bit 3||-|
|23||Return Data Bit 4||-|
|24||Return Data Bit 5||-|
|25||Return Data Bit 6||-|
|26||Return Data Bit 7||-|
|27||Return Data Bit 8||-|
|30||Return Input Prime||-|
|31||Input Prime (low)||Computer|
- STROBE: Active low pulse used to transfer data into the printer. Pulse with must be between 0.5 and 500 microseconds for most printers.
- ACK: Active low pulse indicates that data has been received and the printer is ready to accept more.
- BUSY: A high signal indicates that the printer cannot receive data.
- PE: A high signal indicates that the printer is out of paper (Paper End)
- SELECT OUT: A high signal indicates that the printer is on-line
- AUTO FEED: A low signal indicates to the printer that a line feed is required after each Carriage return. This signal is used as a ground line by some manufacturers.
- OSCXT: A 100-200 KHz signal used by true Centronics printers only.
- +5V: +5Vdc Not provided by all manufacturers
- PRIME: A low signal resets the printer to its power-up state and the printer buffer is cleared
- FAULT: A low signal indicates that the printer is in an off-line or error state
- LINE COUNT: Used by true Centronics printers only. Most of the time not used
- LINE COUNT: See 34
- SELECT IN: A high signal indicates to the printer that a DC1/ DC3 code is valid. This signal is used by a few manufacturers
- Host Logic High: A high signal indicates that the host is alive (turned on). Specific IEEE 1284 signal.
- Peripheral Logic High: A high signal indicates that the peripheral (printer) is alive (turned on). Specific IEEE 1284 signal.